The University of Arizona’s School of International Languages, Literatures, and Cultures (SILLC), Eller College of Management, School of Journalism, and School of Government and Public Policy share a strong commitment to educating future leaders of the new global economy in a world that increasingly requires the highest level of intercultural competence.
The Professional MA in German is a course of study that allows students to complete an emphasis in one of the following areas:
Employers in these areas confirm that the following skills taught in the Professional MA in German are in high demand in all industries:
- The experience and ability to adapt and function in unfamiliar environments and new situations;
- The ability to communicate well with individuals from diverse cultural backgrounds;
- The ability to negotiate difficult/abstract tasks with an acute sense of initiative and creativity;
- The ability to analyze, evaluate, and assess cultural differences in professional settings;
- Heightened ability to apply the skills of critical thinking, reading, writing, and synthesizing information.
Students in this program are not eligible for GATships.
How to Apply
Interested candidates for admission to our program should explore the Graduate College website, contact us with any questions they may have, and then fill out the online application if they feel that our programs are well-suited to their interests and qualifications. Although we continue to consider applications until March 15, prospective students are encouraged to apply by February 1.