Highly qualified undergraduate students are invited to apply for scholarships funding study, senior thesis research and/or internships in Germany.
Each year, an independent selection committee of academics and international education experts is assembled to select the Undergraduate Scholarship grantees. This committee is looking for students who:
- are currently second and third year students and will be in their third and fourth year during their stay in Germany
- are seeking DAAD support for a 4-10 month period in Germany during the German academic year.
- possess outstanding academic records and personal integrity, as evinced by both their grades and letters of recommendation.
- have well-defined study, research or internship plans for their stay in Germany.
- submit the DAAD language evaluation form with their application, although German language competency is not mandatory.
- demonstrate an interest in contemporary German and European affairs and who explain the significance of their project in Germany to their future studies, research or professional goals.
- are enrolled, full-time students in an undergraduate degree-granting program at an accredited North American college or university.
- will return to the US or Canada after the scholarship period to complete their Bachelor's degree.
Visit the DAAD website for more information.