The Deutscher Studenten Club and the Department of German Studies are inviting applications for the DSC Study Abroad Scholarship to help University of Arizona students fund their participation in study abroad programs in German-speaking countries.
- at least one year of German
- a minimum GPA of 3.0 in German classes
- full-time students of junior, senior or graduate standing in German
Students of all majors and minors may apply, but preference will be given to students officially registered as German majors or minors.
Submit the following via Scholarship Universe:
- a resume or CV
- a one-page letter of application/personal statement in German, stating qualifications, study objectives, and career goals
- the names and email addresses of two faculty members willing to endorse the application
- provide the name of the study abroad program (e.g., Leipzig, Medieval, etc.) and, if applicable, commit to having an application for the proposed program of study on file at UA Global/the Department of German Studies
- supporting material relevant to the application may be appended
This scholarship may be used in combination with other scholarships.
Awardees agree to provide a short narrative of their study abroad experiences to the head of the German department upon their return.