See the two opportunities below:
Weinel Memorial Scholarship
The Department of German Studies is inviting applications for several Weinel Memorial Scholarships for juniors, seniors and graduate students, majoring in German Studies. The scholarship will be available for the Summer, Fall, and Spring and supports intensive study programs or research (e.g. abroad).
Value of Scholarship: Varies, depending on student response and proposed program of study.
Application Deadline: December 1 (there may be a second round in early February if funds are left)
- minimum GPA of 3.5 in German classes
full-time junior, senior or graduate student, majoring in German Studies
Submit the following via Scholarship Universe:
- a resume or CV
- a one-page letter of application/personal statement in German, stating qualifications, study objectives, and career goals
- the names and email addresses of two faculty members willing to endorse the application
- if applicable, provide the name of the program (e.g., Leipzig, Medieval, Taos, etc.) and commit to having an application for the proposed program of study on file at UA Global/the Department of German Studies/the respective program office
- supporting material relevant to the application may be appended
Awardees agree to provide a short narrative of their experiences to the head of the German department upon their return.
Federation of German-American Clubs (VDAC)
Value of Scholarship: €4,500 for 10 months (students continue to pay UA tuition during this time)
Application Deadline: December 1
- have taken at least two years of college German or equivalent by the date of departure
- have at least junior standing at time of departure
- have at least a “B” average in all college courses taken, and “B+” in all college German courses
- still be an undergraduate during the year abroad
- be a U.S. citizen
- not be married (a requirement of the German government)